CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Back to Normal

Back to Normal

And He said to her, "Daughter, be of good cheer; your faith has made you well. Go in peace."
~Luke 8:48 (NKJV)

Well, the last few days, I have kinda' been missing in action. I started feeling bad on Thursday, just in time to start prepping all the food for our holiday festivities with our families. I had last minute shopping to do, so my mother and I headed out to the mall. As soon as I made it inside the first store, I felt a queasy feeling, but brushed it off and pressed on. There were too many things to do to worry about a little tummy problem!

Now I'm beginning to believe I should have worried about that tummy problem and come home to rest. By the time we got back to my house, I felt awful. I went to the bedroom, wrapped the remaining gifts, and started for the kitchen, then started feeling dizzy. The rest of the day was spent sitting in a chair at my kitchen table making cookies, candy, cakes, dips, cheeseballs, meatballs, truffles, party mix and a veggie tray. Finally, when all was done, I read The Christmas Story to the little ones and hit the sack...and hit it hard!

The next couple of days were lived in a haze. I do remember packing up the kiddos and all the goodies and going to my parents' house Friday evening for our annual Chritmas Eve gathering, and watching the kids open their gifts yesterday morning, and I made it to the table yesterday for Christmas dinner (Thank you for cooking, Mom!). Other than that, I did a whole lot of bonding with my pillow and favorite quilt.

Now, all the Christmas hooplah is over, and my house needs some TLC, but I am feeling so much better! God pulled me through once again, and things are back to normal.

We got some snow last night, and the roads are pretty slick, so church services for this morning were cancellled, so my boys and I are going to cuddle and play all day. The cleaning can wait until tomorrow...we have new toys to play with today! That makes me smile!

Bring on tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment