CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 20, 2010

Blessed Beyond Measure

Blessed Beyond Measure

"'So then, don’t be afraid. I will provide for you and your children.' And he reassured them and spoke kindly to them."
~Genesis 50:21 (NIV)


My husband has been off work since early September, due to an injury that he received in an accident at his job. Our "emergency stash" has been used up, and things are getting tight around our house. Because of this, our tree doesn't have nearly the number of gifts under it that our family is used to. (I have to admit, I get  little carried away with gift giving at Christmas-time.). Today, my son, age five, was looking at the pile that we do have, and asked if that is all we are going to have this year. I told him it was, worried that he would be disappointed. He looked at me and said, "Mommy, it's okay. I got lots of toys in my room already. Lots of kids don't have all kinds of stuff like me. And anyway, my teacher at Sunday School said love is a good gift, and we got lots of love."

I smiled...and cried. I think I just might have the sweetest little boy in the world!

Bring on tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Awww. That is so precious! Doesn't it feel great to know that we are failures but by God's grace He creates this amazing wisdom and understanding! haha I don't have kids yet but I can imagine I would do the best I could and then trust God He will make my kids into what He wants.

    ReplyDelete