CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 15, 2010


I Can Face Tomorrow

"It is God who arms me with strength,
      And makes my way perfect.
  He makes my feet like the feet of deer,
         And sets me on my high places."
~ Psalm 18: 32-33

Every day. Every single day. No matter what kind of mood I am in, or how down I feel, every day I can find a reason to smile. A reason to look forward to tomorrow. Whether it be something one of my kids does, something on television, something I read, or even something as simple as the way the sunlight hits a certain tree. If I just take the time to look at the blessings that God has bestowed upon me, I can find so many reasons to smile.

This is my first blog. Hopefully the first of many. One of my favorite songs is an old hymn called Because He Lives.  The chorus of that song starts "Because He lives, I can face tomorrow...".  I am going to write about some of the many things that make me realize that I really can face tomorrow.

Yesterday, one of the nicest people I have ever known went home to spend eternity with the Lord. I was sitting at my kitchen table with my son, painting Christmas ornaments, when I got the call from my mom that she had passed. I began to cry, my mind racing with memories of the times that I had spent with her, and thinking of how her children and grandchildren must be hurting. Then it hit me. She was a woman that found good in everyone she met, and was loved by all who knew her. She was a christian, and a pillar in our church.  She was ready to go, and everyone that knew her knows that she is now in Heaven with her parents and her husband, looking down on us all. That is reason enough for me to smile.

Bring on tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment